Toronto's Top Dog Contest | Will Your Dog Take the Title?


Clear your pups social calendar as they take part in Toronto’s Top Dog. Get ready for pawties, photo shoots, red carpet appearances, fine dining & receive the celebrity treatment! 


Toronto’s Top Dog – The Search Is Underway

Here comes some exciting news for the dog owners in Toronto. It is that time of year where we are conducting a citywide search to find Toronto’s Top Dog. There is place for every dog of any category, any age and any size. All you have to do is submit the picture of your pup! This contest is all about celebrating dogs and our great city of Toronto, this is our 3rd Annual Contest and is sure to be full of awesome fun for everyone involved!

Contest Categories*

Dogs are entered into their own category according to size!

  • Tiny – up to 11 pounds
  • Small – 12 to 22 pounds
  • Medium – 23 to 44 pounds
  • Large – 45 to 88 pounds
  • Extra Large – 89 + pounds
  • Senior Dogs – Over 10 years of age
  • Puppies – Under 12 months

Will your pup be walking the red carpet this year? 

Toronto’s Top Dog 2019

Dates for the Diary! 

Enter Your Pup

The first step is to enter your pup for Toronto’s Top Dog 2019. If you don’t enter you will miss out on the doggo social event of the year! 

Launch Party - March 27th

All Top Dog Nominees are invited to attend our exclusive Top Dog Launch Party at Black Lab Brewing! Meet your fellow top dogs, mingle and watch out for the paw-paparazzi! 


Walk the Dog-Walk - April 13th

All finalists will struct down the red carpet lined dog-walk at Barkworks festival in their bid to win over the top dog judges! 

Top Dog Finale - April 27th

Dust off the glad rags as you walk the red carpet are wined and dined at Tom & Sawyer and attend the live award ceremony to announce Toronto’s Top Dog!

– The Public Voting Opens March 25th to April 5th –

During this period your the public have the opportunity to vote for Toronto’s Top Dog. You have the ability to campaign on your dogs behalf. This voting period will decide on the top 4 dogs from each of the 7 categories; the top 4 from each category will make up the top 28 dogs!


How the voting works!

The public & judging panel will vote to decide the top dogs from each category. The public vote accounts for 70% of the overall vote. The Panel of Judges will then review entries and will account for the remaining 30% of the vote. The judges will take into account the quality & creativity of your dogs picture We ensure you a fair decision will be taken considering all the factors genuinely.

How to Choose a Good Picture for Your Entry!

Launch Pawty at Black Lab Brewing!

No better way to kick off the search for Toronto’s Top Dog than with a big pawty at Black Lab Brewing! All of the Toronto’s Top Dogs will be invited to attend the exclusive launch party (invite only!). Mingle with other top dog nominess and munch on delicious treats and make new furfriends. A dog can never have too many furfriends!!

Walking the Dog-Walk at Barkworks Festival


Toronto’s Top Dog Finalists will get their first taste of the celeb filled life that being a Toronto Top Dog involves. Your pupper will take to the red carpet dog-walk at Barkworks Festival where you will walk the dog-walk for the live finale judging. 

Be ready to take the stage at Barkworks by storm, have your professional photo taken and be treated like royalty.

And when you aren’t being a top dog you and your hoomans can enjoy the Barkworks festival.

The Grand Finale at Tom & Sawyer

What can only be described at the Doggy Oscars! Finalists are invited to dress to impress along with their hoomans as they are royalty for the night. 

The finale of Toronto’s Top Dog is live for public voting from April 11th to April 25th. The top 28 dogs will go head to head for the title of Toronto’s Top Dog. The judges and the public will equally contribute 50% to the overall vote to crown Toronto’s Top Dog 2019. 

Toronto’s Top Dog will be announced LIVE at the FINALE DINNER on Saturday 27th April!

The Top 28 Dogs will be invited to a black tie finalist dinner to be wined & dined and to find out who will be crowned Toronto’s Top Dog along with each category winner. This will be an exclusive red carpet event for all of the finalists and their hoomans to attend to celebrate all their hard work in becoming a finalist and a winner will be crowned.

We invite you to come and submit your entries and participate in Toronto’s Top Dog’s contest which will be a memorable experience not only for your dog but for you as well.